- Thailand Cultural Performances, Family Festivities and Travel Competitions to Entice Visitors to the Land of Smiles this Summer
- International aerial artist Theaker Von Ziarno and Swamp Juice Puppet Show billed to be popular summer attractions
- Dubai Marina Mall takes part in ‘Everything You Desire This Summer’ promotion
Dubai Marina Mall, the lifestyle, shopping and entertainment heart of New Dubai, is marking ‘Summer in Dubai’ with a spectacular array of entertainment choices, billed to become the most popular attractions for Dubai Marina’s families. Among the highlights of this summer’s retail and entertainment promotion are Theaker Von Zianro, the international street aerialist, and a special shadow puppet show: Swamp Juice.
Von Ziarno, a New Zealand born artist, will perform the aerial show titled ‘Minerva,’ in the ceiling of the Atrium inside the mall. The shows will be held from June 30 to July 9. To compliment the show, fun circus workshops to entertain children will be held July 3 to 9 at 5pm, 6pm and 7pm daily. Two performers will teach children various circus skills including plate spinning, balancing and juggling.
Swamp Juice, a shadow puppet theatre show featuring punk snails, opera-singing mice and neurotic snakes in a swamp, will be held from July 23 to 31. The audience can watch the transformation of various bits of household junk into intricate silhouette characters, creating a true visual feast. Swamp Juice will be showing in a purpose built theatrette exclusive to the mall. Young children might want to bring along a parent to hold on to during the scary bits! Tickets are free but limited, available at the Guest Service Desk.
- The Dubai Mall, Dubai Marina Mall, Souk Al Bahar and Gold & Diamond Park to take part in promotion
- A wide range of entertainment activities, festive deals and raffles
Shopping centers in Dubai are set to extend their opening hours next month in an efforts to add boost to the emirate's retail industry, according to the Dubai Department of Economic Development.
Shopping centers will open between 10:00 am to 12 midnight 7 days a week while restaurants inside the centers may stay open to 1:00 am at least and even extend for extra hours as needed.
CEO of Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment Laila Bint Suhail said the move would help increase sales of retailers and give shoppers more fun time at the centers.